The Rift Beta 7 patch notes are out for the final open beta event. 3 days to go. C’mon! C’monnnn!!! How much LONGER?!?!!!!
Welcome to the seventh and final beta event for RIFT! The beta servers are scheduled to be available for play from Tuesday 2/15/2011 at 10AM PST until Monday 2/21/2011 at 10AM PST. Beta #7: Telara the Merciless During this event, all previously opened content is available for play. In addition, Telara the Merciless includes a new level cap of 42, the zones Moonshade Highlands and Droughtlands, and the dungeon of Runic Descent. This is a 6 day open beta event. To participate, all you need to do is create a Trion account, wait for the invitation confirmation to come to your email, and download the game! Localized versions of the game are available in French and German through the patcher Settings menu. Please be aware that some translations may still be in progress! You can report any localization issues through feedback in game or in the French and German beta sub-forums. Technical Assistance For help with account or installation issues, please contact Customer Support at http://trionworlds.custhelp.com and use the Ask a Question button. FEEDBACK IN GAME While in the game world, click the help button (marked ?) in the bottom left of your screen. Fill out the feedback form and press SEND. We read all feedback and bug reports and value your comments! For Customer Service assistance in game, you can also send in a help request from that same interface. FEEDBACK IN BETA FORUMS Sign in here. Beta forums are accessible from the beginning of the event through 48 hours past the end of the event.
Beta 7 Patch Notes=== FEATURED ===* A general audio volume pass has been done along with the addition of extra volume slider types.* The Soul Tree screen has now become a UI window instead of fullscreen!GENERAL GAMEPLAY* You can no longer form a raid if one of your party members is currently in a warfront.* Groups with members in Warfronts can no longer use the Public Group system.* If all slots are full in your equipped Planar Focus, right clicking an Essence in your bag will no longer try to autoequip and overwrite an equipped Essence. It will still bring up the Focus window, though.
=== FEATURED ===* A general audio volume pass has been done along with the addition of extra volume slider types. * The Soul Tree screen has now become a UI window instead of fullscreen!
GENERAL GAMEPLAY* You can no longer form a raid if one of your party members is currently in a warfront.* Groups with members in Warfronts can no longer use the Public Group system.* If all slots are full in your equipped Planar Focus, right clicking an Essence in your bag will no longer try to autoequip and overwrite an equipped Essence. It will still bring up the Focus window, though.
* A Father’s Love: Should have fewer issues with updating.
* You are now allowed two Banners active in a party or raid at any one time. If a new one is cast, the oldest of the existing ones will be removed.
* Whenever guild perks are refunded, we now notify guild members on login until someone spends at least one of the points!
RIFTS AND INVASIONS
* Special voice audio has been added to several zone events.
* Invaders will now be more likely to spawn from different sources during zone events.
* Rift collapse timers in progress will now reset to 15 minutes after something in a stage is killed, instead of 5.
* Reactive abilities that trigger off of target health no longer appear usable when targeting corpses.
* Ground target abilities will no longer cause the icon on the action bar to turn red when selecting a target out of range.
* Player auto-attack will no longer get tired out by tabbing through multiple targets (corrected swing calculation when changing targets quickly).
* Warriors: All Interrupts are now off of global cooldown, and no longer grant attack points. This affects Bash, Face Slam, and Furious Rage.
* Ashen Defense: Now reduces the enemy’s armor by a flat amount instead of a percentage.
* Waning Power: Reduces the enemy’s Attack and Spell Power by 5%.
* Flaring Power: Now increases the Attack Power and Spell Power of all party/raid members by 15% for up to 20 seconds. Consumes Charge while active. Affected allies become Battle Weary and cannot benefit from Call to Arms or Flaring Power again for 5 minutes.
* Crumbling Resistance: Fixed a bug where rank 5 could be cast on allies.
* Incapacitate: Duration increased to 45 seconds, up from 30.
* Slip Away: Now makes you immune to existing damage effects that are currently on you. Removed toggle from Slip Away.
* Expose Weakness: Now causes the enemy to take additional damage only from the Assassin’s physical attacks, not everyone’s.
* Final Blow, Impale: Damage increased.
* Serrated Blades: Your critical hit attacks with melee weapons cause the target to bleed for 60-180% of your weapon’s damage over 6 seconds. With a ranged weapon, it causes a bleed for 50-150% of your weapon’s damage over 6 seconds. Can be applied up to 3 times.
* Coda of Distress: Debuff now increases the damage taken from non-physical attacks, instead of all attacks. Increased damage taken amount from 5% to 7%.
* Coda of Cowardice: Debuff now increases the damage taken from physical attacks by 5%. Ranks 2-4 have been removed.
* Reprisal and Disengage: No longer share a group cooldown, but maintain their individual cooldowns. You can still only use one reactionary attack after a dodge or parry, however.
* Disengage: Now a stun attack and no longer deals damage. Ranks 2-5 have been removed.
* Quick Strike, Precision Strike: Increased the Attack Power damage bonus to 50%, up from 25%.
* Deadly Strike: Damage increased.
* Compound Attack: Damage increased.
* Nebulous Haze: Reduced cast time debuff to 20%.
* Mark of Inevitability: Values have been increased.
* Mark of Extermination: Now increases the chance of a target to take a critical hit.
* Slothful Spirit: Now increases the enemy’s ability cost by 25% – aside from dealing damage – instead of reducing regen rate.
* Trickster Spirit: The debuff now reduces Attack Power and Spell Power by a flat value based on rank.
* Spiteful Spirit: The debuff now reduces healing taken by 50%.
* Exposure: Now increases all magical damage done to the enemy by 3%.
* Updated icon for Summon Greater Water Elemental.
* Clinging Spirit: Now increases the magic damage each enemy takes by 1.5-3%, and lasts for 15 seconds.
* Spiritual Deficiency: Now increases magic damage taken by 7%.
* Valor: Renamed to Stalwart Citadel. Seems that term got re-appropriated!
* Doctrine of Authority: Now properly boosted by Mien of Honor and really always hits!
* Precept of Purpose: Renamed to Purpose. Now lasts 10 seconds, restores 10% mana per hit, no longer requires convictions, and has a 1 minute cooldown.
* Precept of Refuge: This attack will now always hit.
* Censure: The debuff has been reduced to 3%, but now affects all magic damage.
* Lightning Fury: Debuff no longer causes affected enemies to take more damage. It now reduces Armor of those enemies by a fixed value for 15 seconds.
* Empowered Shot, Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
* Marksman’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been reduced to 5% from 15%.
* Retreat: Moved from a 51 point root ability to 40 points.
* Sniper’s Pedestal – New Ability: 51 point root ability. Increases damage with Ranged Weapons by 25%. Improved version of Marksman’s Pedestal.
* Looming Demise: Now reduces the enemy’s Attack and Spell Power by 5%.
* Essence Link: Now reduces healing done to the enemy by 30% and no longer reduces Death resistance.
* Plague Bolt: Reduced damage.
* Skeletal Zealot and Skeletal Knight pets now gain a portion of their owner’s Spell Critical hit chance as Melee Critical hit chance.
* Shadow Revenant pets now gain a portion of their owner’s Spell Power and Spell Critical Hit chance.
* Shadow Revenant: Modified damage of all Revenant abilities to reflect gains in spell power and crit chance.
* Skeletal Zealot and Skeletal Horror pets: Increased the amount of Attack Power and Critical Hit chance gained from the owner. Modified damage of their abilities to reflect increased Attack Power and Critical Hit.
* Lost Hope: Duration has been increased to 45 seconds, up from 30.
* Melted Skin: No longer adds a debuff on the target when your Hellfire Blades procs. Now, Hellfire Blades has a 50-100% chance to increase your damage by 5% for the next 10 seconds.
* Dark Malady: NO longer adds a debuff that increases the damage taken by the target. Instead, it buffs the Nightblade for 8 seconds, increasing outgoing damage by 20%.
* Blazing Strike, Flame Thrust: Damage increased.
* Ranger pets now inherit 25% of their owner’s crit rating, so pets crit more often. Their base damage has been reduced accordingly.
* Piercing Shot: The armor value debuff has been increased.
* Opportunity: Now only works with ranged weapon finishers, like Head Shot and Deadeye Shot [Marksman]. Will not work with finishers like Detonate, Flame Thrust, or Coda of Wrath.
* Binding of Affliction: Now increases ability damage by 5% and does not stack with Soldier’s Bearing.
* Power from the Masses: Now properly reduces damage taken.
* Ravaging Strike: Values have been increased.
* Binding of Atrophy: Now reduces Attack Power and Spell Power by 5%.
* Avatar of Water: Now properly reduces damage rather than increasing it.
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Riftstalker will receive a free soul respec.
* Rift Disturbance: The Attack Power and Spell Power debuff value has been reduced.
* Planar Refuge: Reduced the damage reduction from 50% to 30%.
* Guarded Steel: Now increases Armor by 30% instead of a fixed value. The bonus applied should scale better across levels.
* Improved Guarded Steel – New Ability: Tier 6 branch ability. Increases the Armor value contributed from items by an additional 5-10% and increases your threat generation by 20-40% while Guarded Steel is active.
* Improved Guardian Phase – New Ability: Tier 6 branch ability. Increases the Endurance bonus from Guardian Phase by 5%. An additional 1% is added for every point spent in Riftstalker above 26, resulting in 60% Endurance bonus at 51 points.
* Rift Guard: Absorbs up to 50% of your max health with 5 combo points.
* Improved Rift Guard: Changed from a 3 point ability to 1. Increases the incoming damage absorbed by Rift Guard by 2.5%, and total amount it can absorb by 25%. For every point spent in Riftstalker above 16, the incoming damage absorbed is increased by 0.5% and the total amount absorbed by 5%.
* Rift Barrier: Changed from a 5 point ability to 3. Adds an absorption shield that lasts 15 seconds after using any Plane Shift ability. Absorbs 5-15% of all physical damage for up to 20-60% of your max health.
* Exceptional Resilience: Changed from a 2 point ability to 3. It now reduces damage taken from all attacks by 2-6%.
* Planar Repulsion: Removed.
* Planar Attraction – New Ability: 44 point root ability. Causes up to 5 surrounding enemies to be Plane Shifted to the Riftstalker if the path is unobstructed and forces them to attack for 3 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.
* Saboteur’s Charges are now considered Poison attacks and can be cleansed by abilities like Cauterize, Sterilize, Curative Waters, etc. if the caster is paying attention. As a result, the damage of Saboteur Charges can be increased by abilities that enhance poison damage (hint, hint).
* Embers Charge: Debuff now increases the damage taken from non-physical attacks instead of all attacks. Reduced damage taken amount from 2% per charge to 1% per charge.
* Debilitating Trap: The Attack Power and Spell Power debuff value has been reduced.
* Splinter Charge: Debuff now reduces target’s Armor by a fixed value rather than a percentage.
* Healer’s Covenant: Now adds a 1 minute debuff that prevents the target from being buffed with Healer’s Covenant again until it wears off.
* Luminous Gaze: Now increases the chance of the enemy being critically hit by 5% for 15 seconds.
* Vengeance of the Piercing Cold: Debuff now increases physical damage taken by 5% for 10 seconds.
* Dark Power: Fixed an issue so this now works as described.
* Neddra’s Torture: Now increases all magical damage done to the enemy by 3%.
* Due to the below changes, characters with points spent in Warlord will receive a free soul respec.
* Call to Arms: Renamed Assault Command. Now increases Spell Power and Attack Power of the entire party/raid, however it cannot benefit the same character more than once every 5 minutes.
* Call to Aid: Renamed Aid Command. Increases healing of party/raid members by 15% for 5-20 seconds. Those affected by it cannot be affected again for 5 minutes.
* Rallying Call: Renamed Rallying Command. Increases max health of party/raid members by 25% and resistances by 30 for 5-20 seconds. Cannot benefit the same character more than once every 5 minutes.
* Call to Focus Fire: Renamed Call to Entrench. 6-18 second buff that reduces damage taken by all nearby party/raid members by 5%.
* Aspect of the Rifts: Removed, as this was very similar to Aspect of the Elements.
* Call to Battle – New ability: Increases party/raid members’ Attack Power and Spell Power by a set value for 6-18 seconds. Tier 2 branch ability.
* Planar Distraction: Removed.
* Call to Regroup – New ability: Reduces party/raid members’ threat generation by 20% for 6-18 seconds, not affecting the Warlord. 38 point root ability.
* Sergeant’s Command: Renamed to Sergeant’s Order to avoid confusion with other Command abilities.
* No Permission to Die: Now a 44 point root ability. Self-only, heals to 50%.
* Locked Down: Now a tier 5 branch ability. Cooldown is now 1 minute.
* Assault Command: Now a 32 point root ability.
* Aspect of the Elements: Now a 26 point root ability.
* Promise of Steel: Now a 20 point root ability.
* Leader’s Mark: Now reduces Armor similar to Ravaging Strike.
* Cutting Distraction: Reduces enemy armor by 5%.
* Intimidating: Reduces Attack Power and Spell Power by 5%.
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* The Expert versions of Realm of the Fae, Iron Tombs, Foul Cascade, King’s Breach, and Fall of Lantern Hook now have random zone loot drops.
* Expert: Ripping Talons is now a disease.
* Swedge’s Jagged Wound is now a poison.
* It’s no longer possible for players to remain wrapped in a Cocoon after it has been destroyed.
GREENSCALE’S BLIGHT [Raid]
* Added ability broadcast text to a few abilities used in this raid.
* Player pets are now stunned during Hedge Shift, and will not run all the way back to their last positions after a teleport.
* The health of Duke Letareus, Oracle Aleria, Primal Werewolf, Necrotic Werewolf, and Infiltrator Johlen have been increased significantly.
* The health of Hylas’ minions that appear during his encounter has also been increased.
* Concussion Bomb: Health reduced.
* Devastating Bomb: Health increased!
* Increased damage outputs of the following: Duke Letareus, Primal Werewolf, Aleria’s Spirit Volley, Infiltrator Johlen’s basic abilities, Johlen’s Landmine, Wisp Strike, and Wisp Fury.
* Fixed a bug where Swarming Wisps were not visible while active. They are now active throughout the last phase of Johlen’s encounter.
* Increased the damage output of Prince Hylas and his minions significantly.
* Expert: Caor Ashtone’s Jagged Wound is now a poison.
REALM OF THE FAE
* Seasons buffs now end on death, zoning, and logout.
* Endgame Rift daily quests now only show one available each day.
* Dropping the Eth Bomb: Removed reuse time on item and increased survivability for non-tanks/healers.
* Reduced difficulty of the major-only event, ‘Visions of Death’.
* Come Again Another Day:
IRON PINE PEAKS
* Uriel Chuluun has been spotted away from Exile’s Den having questionable meetings with a Bahmi called Mulia the Wise. Whatever could she be up to?
* Gurtol Bangal’s outrage over the Azul Viper has cooled.
* Added five new zone events to Moonshade Highlands!
* The spell component merchant in Sanctum has opened a street-front bar until he finds a new market to go into.
* Completing the Ancient Wardstone quests in Ironroot Draw will now cause faction guards to appear and defend the Wardstones.
* Bare Knuckled: The Return: Quest no longer disabled itself and can be completed up to three times per day, per person.
* New Blood: Fixed a bug with resetting this quest. Cleaned up cases where players might not receive quest credit.
* A group of vampires from the Rifts in Stillmoor have begun plaguing travelers. Fear not, they don’t sparkle. Or play baseball.
* The Search for Moonbloom: Some of the Moonblooms have been relocated to a nearby area.
* Kira Thanos has been spotted near Endless Watch, examining the area as if she were looking for something or someone.
* Gaining access to the opposing side’s starter area in Warfronts will now teleport you back to your own.
* Fixed a bug where you were not able to kick a player out of your party if they were in a warfront.
* When leaving a Warfront, if you should not normally be PvP flagged, you will immediately drop the flag after zone without needing to wait 5 minutes. (If you were already flagged PvP before entering, you’ll still have a de-flag timer.)
* Added zone-specific drops to level 40-50 instances of the Black Garden, The Codex, Whitefall Steppes, and The Battle for Port Scion.
* Fixed the Expert Rift Essences costing the wrong kind of sourcestone.
* Added Greater Essences to Expert and first tier of Rift raids.
* The final Planar Goods merchants have returned to Stillmoor, Shimmersand, and Iron Pine Peak.
* Salvaging now produces usable materials which can be combined to be used as recipe materials in the near future.
* Applying a rune to a piece of equipment now displays a brief visual effect.
* Greenscale’s Blight now has achievements.
* Breaking and re-combining Runecrafting materials is no longer credited as ‘crafting’ for achievements.
* ‘…Something Blue’ is no longer triggered by crafting an Epic item.
GRAPHICS AND AUDIO
* Dwarven lady Bards should now play their instruments!
* An ability sound effect and volume mixing pass has gone in. Things probably sound a bit different, now!
* Fighting and casting while underwater should now animate better.
* When sheathing weapons post-combat, they should stop randomly appearing again.
* Armored Valmeras’ tails just got less shiny, so you’re not as blinded by the rear view.
* Fixed rifts getting stuck in odd graphical modes when logging in beneath them.
* Casting spells directly from the drinking animation will now actually cast and animate the spell.
* Persistent spell effects are now hidden while a target is polymorphed.
* New Bahmi male default and emote voiceovers.
* Moved Soul Trees into a windowed UI instead of fullscreen!
* Enabled separate sliders for UI, Voiceover and Sound Effect volumes.
* Icons will no longer display as greyed out in the abilities binder.
* You can now view stat tooltips for Planar Foci when inspecting another player.
* Raidframes can now only be dragged via the drag handle at the top of the window, or in Edit Layout mode.
* Equipment can no longer be previewed while polymorphed.